If you’re an avid gardener, or you take great pride in your repair abilities, you probably have your tools and supplies stored somewhere, like a storage shed. While storage sheds in New Jersey are an exceptional place to store a wide variety of items, they can quickly become out of control if you don’t take time to organize them. If you are staring down an overflowing storage shed that doesn’t have any organizational rhyme or reason, it might seem overwhelming to try and clean it up. Thankfully, there are some simple tips that you can follow to get your shed cleaned up so that your tools are easy to access whenever you need them:
- Minimize when it’s possible: The best way to start getting your storage shed organized is to minimize the amount of stuff you store inside it. Do you have multiple versions of particular tools or pieces of equipment? Pick one of each to keep and donate the rest. You should also throw away any garbage or broken tools that have been accumulating in your shed. Minimizing will make it much easier for you to actually organize everything.
- Try out a track: Organizing those tall tools can be challenging, but anything is better than piling everything up in a corner, right? Try using a track mounted on a wall. These tracks can be used to store all kinds of handled tools, from shovels to hatchets, and keep them off the floor by maximizing your unused wall space.
- Build a rack for lumber: If you tend to have various projects underway in and around your home, it’s likely that you have a stash of lumber stored somewhere. You can build a really simple lumber rack that will elevate your wood off the ground and keep everything in one place for easy access.
- Use pegboard: Pegboard is a popular material in storage sheds, since you can easily attach hooks to it. These hooks are ideal for small tools like trowels and help to keep things off the floor and out of a cluttered toolbox. Pegboard organization is also great when you need to find something quickly, since everything is right there at eye level.
- Evaluate your needs: Depending on the size of your tool shed, it might be worth it to consider an upgrade. Even the most intuitive organizational scheme isn’t going to help if the problem stems from a lack of space.
Are you having a hard time fitting all of your tools into your existing storage space? You can increase your storage space by investing in some outdoor storage from Sunshine Home Supplies. We sell a wide variety of storage sheds in New Jersey that offer outstanding function with exceptional aesthetic appeal. You can browse our inventory to find the option that appeals to your taste and has the space you need to store your lawn equipment and tools. Regardless of what you’re looking for, we would be more than happy to help you find it. Stop by today to look through our extensive inventory for yourself!
Categorised in: Storage Sheds
This post was written by Writer