Summer grill season is about to start, which means it’s time to visit a grill store in New Jersey and learn about Traeger grills. This brand is very popular and for good reason. Here are five reasons to have a Traeger grill on your porch or in your yard this summer:
- It is the crockpot of grills: If you enjoy crockpot cooking with its “fix it and forget it” approach, you will love the Traeger grill. Traegers use wood instead of propane or charcoal, which allows for slow, even grilling. As long as you keep it supplied with wood pellets, you never have to supervise it to maintain a steady temperature. Leave it alone for 30 minutes or even a couple of hours. Run a few errands and you will have evenly cooked or smoked meat before you know it!
- Best for fatty meats: When you cook fatty meats like prime rib on a grill, you are at risk for flare-ups. That is a fact of life with propane, and many people grill cautiously because they prefer to keep their eyebrows. Propane grills require supervision for this reason; flames that become too high or hot produce a fire risk. Traeger produces even grilling and reduced flare-ups even when your meat has a higher fat content. This works great for brisket, too.
- Smoky flavor is wonderful—but difficult: Producing that favorite smoky flavor is an effort with most grills. Many people set aside an entire day to accomplish it, and often need to rely on wood or other accessories. Charcoal or propane alone will not accomplish that unless you use wood planks, and even then, you are basically chained to the grill all day. Using a Traeger grill produces the flavor naturally, since the wood pellets are made from sawdust from all different types of wood. There is also the option of adding different types of pellets to create a specific flavor, like hickory, apple, maple or mesquite. You never have to add wood chips or worry about the long smoking time.
- It works for all foods: Grilling is not just for meat. Asparagus, broccolini, zucchini squash and eggplant grill well. If you want to serve your vegetarian friends at your next barbecue, grill large portobello mushrooms—even your committed carnivores will want to indulge when they see how the “meaty” fungi look after being cooked. There is even a recipe to create fruit pie on a Traeger grill! The abilities of Traeger demand experimentation, so do not forget to indulge.
- Less cleanup: If you are tired of brushing down propane grills or scrubbing sooty charcoal grills, Traeger will be a relief. Its design makes it easier to clean because pellets burn cleanly and each grill comes with a grease collector. All you have to do is remove the ash and dump the grease and you are ready for the next meal!
Sunshine Home Supplies is your primary source for grills, cabinets and other accessories to enhance your home. We are also your premier grill store in New Jersey and would love to show you our inventory of Traeger grills. Call or visit today to learn more!